Roulette is one of the most popular and beloved games ever, both by beginners and experts. It is a classic that never goes out of fashion. The multiple betting possibilities and the simplicity of the game give players intense emotions and a lot of fun.
However, a novice player may find it difficult to understand the rules and how betting works. That's why Swiss4Win is here for you.
As you may know, the idea of the game is very simple: you don't have to do anything but guess on which numbered section of the wheel the ball will stop.
The wheel is spun in one direction and the ball is thrown by the croupier in the other, the moment the wheel stops and the ball falls into one of the numbered sections, the croupier announces the winning number.
There are two main versions of roulette: the French version (the classic) and the American version.
In French roulette, the wheel consists of 37 sectors numbered from 0 to 36. Half of these boxes are colored black, while the other half is red. Except for the number 0, which is colored green. The main feature of this roulette is the rule of the exit of the 0, or also called en prison. When the ball stops in the box of the number 0, the simple bets are imprisoned, that is, blocked, for the next round: if in this round the winning combination comes out, the bets are released. If this does not happen, the stake is lost, and if the 0 comes up again, the en prison rule is reactivated. Of course, after unlocking, the bet will come back into play with the normal probability of winning or losing.
Another interesting rule is that of the partager, which consists in dividing the simple stake between the bank and the player. In other words, when the player, at the exit of the 0, does not want to wait for the release of the imprisoned bets, he requests the immediate return of half of the stake. In this case, the bank's advantage is lowered, in favor of the player.
In American roulette, although the game system is very similar to that of French roulette, there are substantial differences. First, there is an extra number, more precisely the double zero (00). Thus, the wheel is composed of 38 numbered boxes, instead of 37. Also, the en prison rule does not exist, if the 0 comes out, the simple bets lose.
With American roulette, since you have one more number, the chances of winning are lower. For this reason, European roulette is recommended if you are a novice player.
Types of bets
Roulette offers players the opportunity to make many different bets, this is a feature that makes the game into something unique and exciting.
The bet possibilities can be divided into two macro-groups: the inside bets and the outside bets. In the first you bet a single number or a small group of numbers and this makes the challenge more exciting because taking a higher risk, the payout will be higher. The outside bets on the other hand, cover a larger group of numbers, in this way the risk is reduced and therefore also the winnings.
Let's take a closer look at them.
- Full number or single number: bet on a single number between 0 and 36. This bet has the highest risk but at the same time it offers the highest payout. You win 35 times the amount wagered. The chip is placed in the box corresponding to the chosen number.
- Horse or pair of numbers: bet on two adjacent numbers. The chips are placed on the line between the two boxes. You win 17 times the amount wagered.
- Triplet: bet on a combination of 3 numbers. The chips are placed outside the chosen row of numbers. You win 11 times the amount wagered.
- Carré: bet on a combination of 4 numbers. The chips are placed on the common corner between these four boxes. You win 8 times the amount wagered.
- Basket: An exclusive combination of American roulette. The bet is placed on the first five numbers, namely 00, 0, 1, 2 and 3. The chips are placed on the corner between the zeros and 1 or 3. You win 8 times the amount wagered.
- Sixlets: bet on a combination of 6 numbers. The chips are placed on the corner shared by the two left or rightmost rows. You win 5 times the amount wagered.
- Red or black: you bet on all numbers in red or black color. You win the bet amount.
- Odd or even: you bet on all odd or even numbers. You win the bet amount.
- High or Low: this bet includes 18 numbers and the player bets on whether the number will be low, i.e., between 1 and 18, or high, i.e., between 19 and 36. You win the bet amount.
- Column: you bet on one of the three columns. You win the bet amount.
- Dozens: you bet on one of the 3 dozen numbers: 1-12, 13-24, 25-36. You win twice the bet amount.
Roulette and live casino
Don't forget that for a 360° experience, Swiss4Win's live casino allows you to dive into an unforgettable live gaming experience. In addition to the game versions mentioned above, Swiss4Win’s live casino offers many others such as Football Roulette and Prestige Roulette.
Roulette is a game accessible to all users. However, if you are a novice player, we recommend you choose outside bets. Although the winnings associated with these bets are lower, the probability of success is higher, and this will allow you to play for a longer time.
Also, since there are so many betting possibilities, it is important to keep an eye on your gambling budget. Set yourself a limit and only play until you have reached it. Always play responsibly.
Now you're ready, all that's left is to play Swiss4Win’s online roulette.